FIELD GUIDE FOR ROCK CORE LOGGING AND FRACTURE ANALYSIS
By Midwest GeoSciences Group
(click to enlarge)
"Help yourself to think on your feet in the field"
- Improve the accuracy of your rock core logs
- Reliably measure core recoveries: Total, Solid and Modified
- Measure Rock Quality Designation (RQD) with QA/QC steps
- Prepare consistent descriptions
- Analyze rock as the drilling program progresses
- Quickly characterize fractures and their distribution
- Build the geologic framework from boring to boring
- Identify general rock types
- Obtain guidance for placing and labeling cores in the box
- Reduce log editing time
Double-sided, plastic-coated guide for improving rock core descriptions and characterizing bedrock fractures on meaningful rock core logs that are clear, consistent, and concise.
The front side presents procedures for labeling natural fractures, marking rock core, and calculating Total, Solid, and Modified Core Recovery and Rock Quality Designation (RQD). It also includes an easy-to-use flow chart for describing and characterizing rock core.
The back side includes a Fracture Characterization Guide for analyzing bedrock fractures from any size rock core. A list of general rock names is included for helping identify common rock types and schematic is provided for helping properly label the rock core box and place the rock core.
THOSE WHO PURCHASE THIS ITEM, MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
FIELD GUIDE FOR SOIL AND STRATIGRAPHIC ANALYSIS
Quick reference guide for making accurate and complete soil and sediment descriptions on field boring logs for both environmental and engineering projects.
Become A Member
It's Free, It's Easy and as a
Member you'll enjoy...
- Exclusive Videos
- Special Pricing
- And Much More
Welcome to our On-Demand Webinars