FIELD GUIDE FOR ROCK CORE LOGGING AND FRACTURE ANALYSIS
By Midwest GeoSciences Group
(click to enlarge)
"Help yourself to think on your feet in the field"
- Improve the accuracy of your rock core logs
- Reliably measure core recoveries: Total, Solid and Modified
- Measure Rock Quality Designation (RQD) with QA/QC steps
- Prepare consistent descriptions
- Analyze rock as the drilling program progresses
- Quickly characterize fractures and their distribution
- Build the geologic framework from boring to boring
- Identify general rock types
- Obtain guidance for placing and labeling cores in the box
- Reduce log editing time
Make your rock core descriptions clear, consistent, and concise. Follow common procedures for identifying natural fractures, calculating Total, Solid, and Modified Core Recovery and measuring Rock Quality Designation (RQD). Sharpen your observational skills for describing and characterizing rock core, stratigraphy and secondary rock weathering.
The back side includes a Fracture Characterization Guide for analyzing bedrock fractures from any size rock core. Help yourself to identify general rock types along with properly label the rock core box and place the rock core.
"My company and I find great value in your FG for Rock Core Logging. I am a field geologist, and am constantly conducting drill rig oversight, logging endless feet of rock core. The FGs are easy to follow and very thorough, so they act as a template that I and my coworkers can rely on to write coherent core descriptions.
The FG instructions for core box labeling also now act as our company standard. We've started handing the FGs to our new employees along with their company hardhat, safety goggles, and high visibility vest. Lastly, drill rig work can be very dirty and messy, so we really appreciate the durability and water resistance of the FGs."
- R. Kyle Donovan, Synterra Corporation
"Midwest GeoSciences' Field Guide for Rock Core Logging has been influential in guiding our environmental and geotechnical staff towards consistency and completeness in the field. Well done."
- Adam Goldberg, Hydrogeologist, LANGAN
THOSE WHO PURCHASE THIS ITEM, MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
FIELD GUIDE FOR SOIL AND STRATIGRAPHIC ANALYSIS
Quick reference guide for making accurate and complete soil and sediment descriptions on field boring logs for both environmental and engineering projects.
Become A Member
It's Free, It's Easy and as a
Member you'll enjoy...
- Exclusive Videos
- Special Pricing
- And Much More
Welcome to our On-Demand Webinars