FIELD GUIDE FOR SOIL AND STRATIGRAPHIC ANALYSIS
By Midwest GeoSciences Group
(click to enlarge)
"Help yourself to think on your feet in the field"
- Improve the accuracy of your boring logs
- Enhance your soil and sediment descriptions
- Prepare consistent descriptions and meaningful boring logs
- Accurately classify soil in the field using the USCS
- Analyze sedimentary data as the drilling program progresses
- Characterize stratigraphic successions in the field
- Build the geologic framework from boring to boring
- Reduce editing time
Double-sided, plastic-coated guide for making accurate and complete soil and sediment descriptions on field boring logs. It is intended to improve the analysis of various sedimentary depositional environments applied to both environmental and engineering projects.
The front side of the Field Guide includes a flow chart listing key descriptive elements necessary for characterizing sedimentary sequences on boring logs. Common terms from geologic, engineering, and soil science disciplines are used on the Field Guide to help prepare meaningful boring logs that are clear and concise. The back side of the Field Guide includes a easy-to-use flow chart that takes the mystery out of using the Unified Soil Classification System and assigning a group name and USCS symbol in the field.
We have equipped each of our geologists with a Field Guide for Soil and Stratigraphic Analysis. Our boring logs have become much more accurate and consistent. Senior review time has been greatly reduced.
- Lee Dooley, Delta Environmental Consultants
THOSE WHO PURCHASE THIS ITEM, MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
FIELD GUIDE FOR ROCK CORE LOGGING AND FRACTURE ANALYSIS
Quick reference guide for improving rock core descriptions and characterizing bedrock fractures on meaningful rock core logs that are clear, consistent, and concise.
Become A Member
It's Free, It's Easy and as a
Member you'll enjoy...
- Exclusive Videos
- Special Pricing
- And Much More
Welcome to our On-Demand Webinars